“MISSION is to provide attractive and quality products through continuous research and development in particular red meat products that will meet the quality, health and lifestyle needs of our consumers.”
ADMINISTRATION by RMRD SA
Red Meat Research and Development South Africa (RMRD SA) is the service provider.
Allocation of funds to research projects is managed through a committee structure. The Project Committee oversees all Research Projects for the Red Meat Industry Trust and the Red Meat Development Trust.
The role of the Project Committee is strengthened and enhanced through 2 working committees. There is a Cattle & Small Stock Planning committee (CSS) and a Pork Planning Committee.
These committes ensure that all projects are well managed. For each project there is a contract, reports and responsibility. Regular feedback from the researcher and the institution is required, final payment for any project is only released once the Final report has been submitted.
- National Department of Agriculture
- Provincial Departments of Agriculture
- Institutes of the Agricultural Research Council
- All Universities
- Agricultural Colleges
BBBEE status of these institutions is available in the public domain.
The Policy is to finance projects from recognised institutions only.
CATTLE & SMALL STOCK PROGRAMMES
- INTRODUCTION TO NEW PROGRAMMES
- CATTLE & SMALL STOCK PROGRAMMES OVERVIEW
- PROGRAMME 1 – SUSTAINABLE NATURAL RESOURCE UTILISATION
- PROGRAMME 2 – IMPROVEMENT OF LIVESTOCK PRODUCTION AND FORAGE
- PROGRAMME 3 – MANAGEMENT OF AGRICULTURAL RISK TO CREATE A RESILIENT RED MEAT SECTOR
- PROGRAMME 4 – SUSTAINABLE ANIMAL & WELFARE FOR THE RED MEAT SECTOR
- PROGRAMME 5 – ENHANCEMENT OF PRODUCTION AND PROCESSING OF ANIMAL PRODUCTS
- PROGRAMME 6 – CONSUMER AND MARKET DEVELOPMENT OF THE RED MEAT SECTOR
- PROGRAMME 7 – COMMERCIALISATION OF THE EMERGING SECTOR